This agreement (the "Agreement") contains the terms and conditions applicable to the use of the Open URL, Linked Data and Guest Query Form services, offered by CrossRef to the public at no charge through the CrossRef web site (www.crossref.org) (collectively, the “CrossRef Free Services”).
1. OWNERSHIP. CrossRef asserts no claims of ownership to individual items of bibliographic metadata and associated Digital Object Identifiers (DOIs) acquired through the use of the CrossRef Free Services. Individual items of bibliographic metadata and associated DOIs may be cached and incorporated into the user’s content and systems.
2. LIMITATIONS. The CrossRef Free Services are offered for the purpose of providing public access to individual items of metadata as distinguished from bulk downloads or deliveries of metadata. CrossRef reserves the right to suspend the CrossRef Free Services and to suspend any individual user’s ability to access the CrossRef Free Services at any time in its sole discretion. CrossRef may set and enforce usage limitations for the CrossRef Free Services, and may track use of the CrossRef Free Services by users to determine compliance with such usage limitations.
3. CROSSREF PAID SERVICES. CrossRef offers other services to users on a paid, contractual basis. To receive bulk deliveries, to perform bulk queries, or to harvest bibliographic metadata and DOI numbers, or to have better system response times, or to integrate the bibliographic metadata and DOI numbers into a commercial product or service, then the user should review the information about these other services available at the CrossRef website http://www.crossref.org.
4. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES. THE CROSSREF FREE SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ALL DOI NUMBERS AND METADATA, ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CROSSREF DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE CROSSREF FREE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE.
5. CHOICE OF LAWS. This Agreement shall be interpreted, governed and enforced under the laws of the State of New York, United States of America, without regard to its conflict of law rules.
|Sign up for CrossRef updates.|