We have just released a bunch of new functionality for CrossRef Metadata Search. The tool now supports the following features:
- A completely new UI
- Faceted searches
- Copying of search results as formatted citations using CSL
- COinS, so that you can easily import results into Zotero and other document management tools
- An API, so that you can integrate CrossRef Metadata Search into your own applications, plugins, etc.
- Basic OpenSearch support- so that you can integrate CrossRef Metadata Search into your browser’s search bar.
- Searching for a particular CrossRef DOI
- Searching for a particular CrossRef ShortDOI
- Searching for articles in a particular journal via the journal’s ISSN
At the moment, CrossRef Metadata Search (CRMDS) is a CrossRef Labs project and, as such, should be used with some trepidation. Our goal is to release CRMS as a production service ASAP, but we wanted to get public feedback on the service before making the move to a production system.
CrossRef Metadata Search++ by Geoffrey Bilder, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.