The Nominating Committee is defined in the by-laws. There are five members of the committee and they can be either representations of organizations on the board or other regular members. Common practice is for membership to be made up of three board members not up for election that year, and two regular (non-board) members. The purpose of this committee is to review and create the slate each year for nominations to the board, ensuring fair representation of membership.
The Committee meets to discuss the charge, process, criteria, and potential candidates, and puts forward a slate which is at least equal to or greater than the number of Board seats up for election. The slate may or may not consist of some Board members up for re-election.
2021 Nominating Committee members
Staff facilitator: Lucy Ofiesh
- Liz Allen, F1000/Taylor & Francis, committee chair
- Melissa Harrison, eLife, Cambridge, UK
- Andrew Joseph, Wits University Press, Johannesburg, South Africa
- Abel Packer, SciELO, São Paulo, Brazil
- Lisa Scott, New England Journal of Medicine, Boston, USA
Please contact Lucy Ofiesh with any questions