Call for abstracts for #Crossref2023 annual meeting and board election
Annual Meeting and board election #Crossref2023 will be held on October 31, 2023, starting at 9:30 AM UTC and ending at 5:00 PM UTC (universal coordinated time).
As we’re building the research nexus together, we’re looking to feature highlights from our members and teams across the Crossref community. We offer a limited number of flash-talk slots (up to 5 mins presentations) at the event and a virtual poster session that will be featured on our community forum on the day. Please submit abstracts **(up to 250 words)** of stories you’d like to cover and encourage colleagues to share their stories too **by September 25**.
We’re looking to cover highlights on the following topics:
- Our better metadata story (for members, service providers and others, who changed their processes to capture or curate more and better quality metadata)
- Preserving the integrity of the scholarly record together (for individual of collaborative initiatives that succeeded in systematic amendments of scholarly metadata)
- Globally connected and inclusive Research Nexus (for stories about enriching influence of globally diverse metadata contributions to our global network)
- Acting on the Principles of Open Scholarly Infrastructure (for organisations who adopted or are considering adopting POSI – on key changes or actions they’ve taken towards improving their POSI performance)
If you’d like to be considered, please submit details of your poster/talk with the form below by September 25.
Feel free to submit the abstract in your own language.
Following a review of the submitted abstracts, we will share the results and specifications for poster submissions and inform selected speakers about the flash-talk slot assignments no later than October 6.
Unless you’d like to instruct us otherwise, we will upload all posters to Zenodo on the authors’ behalf.
LIVE22 online, October 26, 2022
Our annual meeting, LIVE22, was held online on October 26 at 4:00 PM UTC (universal coordinated time). We invited all our members from 140+ countries, and everyone in our community, to hear the results of our board election and team updates.
Here are some of the outputs from the full session:
- Ed Pentz spoke about our vision, mission, strategic goals, update on our efforts toward POSI, and our role in ISR (inclusive scholarly record).
- Vanessa Fairhurst and Isaac Farley highlighted contributors from those in our community who help make our work possible.
- Kora Korzec led our community speaker session, “Building the Research Nexus together: flash talks”, with presentations by Hans de Jonge, Bianca Kramer, Javier Arias, Julie Lambert, Lettie Y. Conrad, and Edilson Damasio.
- Amanda Bartell and Patricia Feeney talked about the state of membership and metadata members register with us.
- Dominika Tkaczyk talked about our work around linking grants to research outputs.
- Lucy Ofiesh led our annual meeting, and board election results looked at our financial performance and the 2023 draft budget.
- Led by our ambassadors, four in-person ‘LIVE’ satellite events took place in Lithuania, Brazil, Turkey, and Kenya. Some included a watch party of the meeting, and all included good talks and discussions about metadata and the scholarly record.
Please check out the materials from LIVE22 below, and cite the outputs as
Crossref Annual Meeting LIVE22, Ocrober 26, 2022 retrieved [date], [https://doi.org/10.13003/i3t7l9ub7t]:
Board election results
The annual meeting archive
Browse our archive of annual meetings with agendas and links to previous presentations from 2001 through 2015. Its a real trip down memory lane!
Please contact us with any questions.