The purpose of the preprint Advisory Group is to support Crossref to collect and improve the quality of metadata for preprints. The group is comprised of both our members as well as non-members (third party platforms and organizations) who are interested in preprints.
Chair: Oya Rieger, Ithaka
Facilitator: Martyn Rittman, Crossref
- Alainna Wrigley, California Digital library
- Alberto Pepe, Authorea
- Alex Mendonca, SciELO
- Ben Mudrak, ChemRxiv
- Bianca Kramer, Utrecht University Library
- Ioana Craciun, Preprints
- Dasapta Erwin Irawan, RINarxiv
- Emily Marchant, Cambridge University Press
- Ginny Hendricks, Crossref
- Gunther Eysenbach, JMIR
- Jeff Beck, NCBI, US National Library of Medicine
- Jessica Polka, ASAPbio
- Johanna Havemann, AfricaArxiv
- Johannes Wagner, Copernicus
- Frederick Atherden, Elife
- Michael Markie, F1000 Research
- Michael Parkin, Europe PMC
- Michele Avissar-Whiting, Research Square
- Nici Pfeiffer, Center for Open Science
- Patricia Feeney, Crossref
- Richard Sever, BioRxiv
- Richard Wynne, Rescognito
- Shirley Decker-Lucke, SSRN
- Tony Alves, HighWire Press
- Wendy Patterson, Beilstein-Institut
How the group works (and the guidelines)
The preprint Advisory Group is led by a Chair and a Crossref Facilitator, who together help to develop meeting agendas, lead discussions, outline group actions and rally the community outside of the Advisory Group for support with the service where appropriate.
The group is currently active.
We are seeking feedback
Over its first year of operation, the Advisory Group has developed recommendations in four key areas of preprint metadata. These are:
- preprint withdrawal and removal
- preprints as an article type
- versioning of preprints
- preprint relationship metadata.
We invite community feedback on these before we start on implementation later this year. The recommendations are publicly available from early July 2022 and we are initially seeking comments for a period of three months. We recommend that feedback be provided via the Community Forum, although you can also contact any member of the group.
Download the preprint metadata recommendations, https://doi.org/10.13003/psk3h6qey4
Please contact Martyn Rittman with any questions.